BOOK BLOG COLLABORATION WITH TheJourneyOfEverything

Today, Natalia and I are collaborating on eachothers blogs. We have both chosen a YA book that we highly recommend and we're going to talk about them first. My chosen book was 'Whisper to Me' by Nick Lake.

"Cassie is writing a letter to the boy whose heart she broke. She’s trying to explain why. Why she pushed him away. Why her father got so angry when he saw them together. Why she disappears some nights. Why she won’t let herself remember what happened that long-ago night on the boardwalk. Why she fell apart so completely.

Desperate for his forgiveness, she’s telling the whole story of the summer she nearly lost herself. She’s hoping he’ll understand as well as she now does how love—love for your family, love for that person who makes your heart beat faster, and love for yourself—can save you after all." - Goodreads


An amazing novel by Lake which covers themes of mental health, first love, family relationships, friendships, and finding yourself. This book made me laugh, cry, and really think about my position in the world. Although it mentions being a 'summer contemporary' on the blurb, it isn't your typical and predictable romance; it is so much more than that.

You can check out my full review of 'Whisper to Me' here;  http://gabbytheblogger.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/whisper-to-me-nick-lake.html



Now for the collaboration. Myself and Natalia over from thejourneyofeverything.blogspot.com.au are visiting each others blogs this week to talk about our chosen books and to answer a few questions. 

I asked Natalia a couple of questions about reading and her Instagram account ( @nataliabeth );

1. What are some of your all time favourite books and what makes them better/ different than any others you've read?

Some of my all time favourite books are written by the likes of John Green, Jessica Sorensen, Colleen Hoover, Paulina Simons, jojo moyes, and Cecelia Ahern - what makes them better/ different than any others i have read is they have drawn me in from the get to, most of the books I've read from these authors I have finished in one day and that comes down to the fact that i could not put the books down and read for hours and hours. I love romantic, adventerous, mystrey books and i think the authors mentioned above are outstanding authors and I am always on the look out for books that they bring out, there is no better feeling then discovering a good author and book.

2. What inspired you to start a bookstagram and what is your favourite part of bookstagraming?

What inspired me to start a bookstagram, was seeing a few of them around and thinking that it was incredible, I have always loved reading and writing, its a hobby and passion of mine, I always wondered if i should have a seperate instagram from my personal one to post my photographs, my writing, thoughts and about books and reading etc. - i decided to just go for it and my favourite part of bookstagraming is the book community and being able communicate my love of writing and books, and communicate with other people with similar accounts. I didnt know how i would go with two accounts but actually i spend more time on my bookaccount than my personal account. You could almost say i have let my personal one go haha but Posting on my bookaccount brings me happinesss.


Be sure to check out Natalia's blog; thejourneyofeverything.blogspot.com.au and her instagram; @nataliabeth for more bookish posts!
I also answered a few questions over on her blog and she is talking about the book 'The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden' which looks amazing and I plan on picking it up soon!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.