'GENERATION NEXT' - Oli White

Generation Next Generation Next by Oli White
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars to this creative, funny and dramatic book written by the amazing @OliWhiteTV

I know there is a lot of controversy when talking about YouTuber books - but I always find myself buying them anyway because I am a massive fan of YouTubers. Whether they wrote the whole book or only half, whether they were asked to release a book or they came up with the idea themselves, there would still be A LOT of work that goes into the process of a book - and I applaud them on that.

CHARACTERS: The characters in Generation Next were so amusing and different and I loved reading about them. Jack, the main character, was easily relatable. I don't usually love books that are written from a male perspective because I feel like I can't relate to them, however this time it was completely different. The other characters in the GenNext team also helped to add to the story line.

STORY LINE / PLOT: I felt that the story was a bit slow in the beginning and I couldn't see where it was heading. This is probably where the half star was taken. I just found myself a little bored during the first third to half. However, about half way through it began to get really interesting and I kept turning the pages as I was eager to find out what was going to happen.

ENDING: The ending and the events leading up to the ending would probably have to be my favourite part of the book. The suspense and plot twist was really exciting and I didn't see it coming. I loved how it wasn't predictable. I also liked how the ending concluded and wrapped up everything that happened, and finished on a light and happy note.

RATING: Despite my Goodreads rating of 4 (why are there no half stars!), I decided to give this book 4.5 stars out of 5!!!!

Highly recommend if you are a fan of Oli's YouTube, or are looking for a light and easy YA read :).


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.